To demolish and clear everything on site, and to construct a new dwelling consisting of 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, a pool and terrace based on the plans provided. The home was to maximise the use of every inch of land available, and to try to maintain privacy for the family of 5.
The modern architectural design required the high quality installation of high-spec internal and external finishes, some of which required the management of specialised sub-trades.
We were able to meet the client brief by demolishing the existing house and excavating well below the existing ground level. This allowed us to set the foundations to the Lower Ground Floor for the rest of the home.
Through a close working relationship with Spec Design Studio, we were able to ensure that every project specification was achieved. This creative vision and building management cohesion resulted in a stunning family home.
It's All In The Detail
- A holistic approach to design, utilising a wide range of building materials
- A completely unique approach to every bathroom, using contrasting materiality to create a different vibe in each space
- The Hardwood timber stair design creating a magical floating effect highlighted with a Gunmetal steel spine stinger and black steel balustrading
- The use of spotted Gum timber at the entrance area that aligns on the external porch ceiling and flows seamlessly through to the internal foyer, gives off a calming feeling on arrival
- Burnished concrete slab on living area level that meets the pool at level for a beautiful view of the outdoor living area
- Speckle render used to create visual interest as the sun moves over it throughout the day
- Skylights either side of the kitchen allowing the stove and bench areas beneath to be bathed in natural light
- Crazy pave driveway, concrete stairs and Black steel blade front fence all giving the front of the home a first class look
- Exposed heritage Sydney sandstone boulder in backyard providing a great backdrop for the pool and external shower area
- The spacious kitchen area with a generous walk in pantry
- Large alfresco area next to the tiled pool with a window that looks through to Cinema / lounge room below
- A cleverly incorporated home office that is central to the home
- A large master bedroom with an abundance of daylight, a substantial walk in wardrobe and chic ensuite
- 3.5 Bathrooms spread out throughout the home
- 2 x Off street parking spaces
What the client said
The MattBuild team lived up to everything we expected from them for the build of our new home. We could not have picked a better builder. From demolition and excavation through to the finished result, the quality was outstanding. They had complete respect for our design intentions, and did their very best to always honour our choices. Throughout the 9 months, the entire Mattbuild team were always so polite and well-mannered. They ensured our neighbours were treated well and that their space was respected- the feedback on this has been a testament to the Mattbuild team, and definitely made us feel more comfortable and welcome, moving into a new neighbourhood. The team kept a clean site and had a high level of care for all of our items being installed, ensuring everything was protected throughout the build, which always made us feel good during our site visits. On top of this, we loved that the MattBuild team are just really beautiful people- free of any arrogance or condescension. Never once did we feel intimidated with our decisions. Their advice was always factual, but opinion was there when we required it. We loved the whole experience and now consider them our friends. If we get the chance to build again, we will be going straight to MattBuild!
Interested in building something?
We look forward to hearing from you and working towards bringing your ideas to fruition.Contact Us