Our brief from the client was primarily focused around upgrading what was a large property with limited functionality into a high specification home for a large family. Additional requirements involved a rearrangement of space, an addition of a parent’s wing, the complete upgrading all finishes and the introduction of an architectural staircase within a light well in the centre of the house. The brief also included the gardens to be formalised and the dilapidated pool area to be completely modernised with the addition of a cabana, outdoor kitchen and fire pit with the boat shed also converted to a gym.
MATTBUILD were able to meet our clients brief and deliver a premium new home. We completed a total internal and external renovation with a two level rear extension. This allowed for all the additional space the client required and completely modernised the old home.
It's All In The Detail
- The use of the Tuscan Grey Travertine throughout the home on the ground floor including feature walls
- Combination of steel, glass and stone for the internal stairs.
- Custom joinery throughout the home including the lustrous kitchen
- Concrete look Axolotl Entrance Door
- Aluminium slats to section off the front elevation ground floor wall, this also disguises the double garage door
- External lights all powder coated in Woodland Grey to match roof colour
- Chic pendant lights to the dining and kitchen areas
- Flush finish gas fireplace to the TV wall
- All external glass balustrade fixings and top rails powder coated in Woodland Grey to match roof colour
- An internal staircase that looks as if the treads are floating. Fabricated steel stringers doubling as handrails with hanging structural glass clamped from the underside of them. Steel plate treads edged with brushed nickel strips sandwiched with the travertine complete the “Stairway to Heaven”
- Huge roof window over internal stairs showering the ground floor in natural light
- Full commercial aluminium windows and sliding doors
- Pool side Cabana
- Vergola operable louvre blade roof systems to the pool cabana and the back patio areas
- External kitchenette /BBQs to the pool cabana and back patio areas
- Gas external firepit in the pool cabana area
- Extra large swimming pool overlooking the Bay
- Glass balustrading to all balconies, stairs and pool to make the most of the water views
- Translucent glass window splashback to provide more natural light into the kitchen area
- Parents wing to first floor with balcony overlooking the Bay
- Artificial lawn to the pool area for low maintenance
- Large gym room incorporated into the boatshed room
Interested in building something?
We look forward to hearing from you and working towards bringing your ideas to fruition.Contact Us