To expand the house and utilise the block of land to its capacity.
Excavating under the house to create a new level, extending the 2 upper levels and a complete renovation throughout.
Being a corner block this opened up the opportunity to get the necessary excavation machinery in under the house and remove all the rock. Once the new slab was poured the extension process of the 2 upper levels commenced.
Bracing of the 3 storey high side brick walls was essential as we stripped all the existing roof frame and installed the steel portal frames. Following this, the new roof frame was completed which made it possible to start on the internal renovation work.
It's all in the detail
A variety of materials and finishes throughout the project all fuse together for this family to have their homely feel.
- 4 bedrooms with the option of a 5th. By closing off an area on the top floor using the sliding wall/door system that moves discreetly into the joinery and wall when not closed.
- A completely self sufficient level on the lower ground floor including its own kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, lounge and dining room.
- Large bathrooms on all 3 levels.
- In house laundry hidden in joinery near kitchen.
- City views of the Harbour Bridge and Centrepoint Tower etc
- Courtyard with spiral stairs for mid level access
- In floor heating to lower ground floor concrete slab and all bathrooms
What the client said
We were very fortunate we went with MATTBUILD for our major renovation that included excavation under the house. There was no problem too big or too small for this team. There was continuous communication throughout, lots of initiative within the design brief and we could follow the project as it progressed with just a lovely bunch of dedicated people. We would highly recommend this tech savvy team for their professional attitude before, during and after the renovation.
Interested in building something?
We look forward to hearing from you and working towards bringing your ideas to fruition.Contact Us